Thursday, August 21, 2008

2 hours daddy... 2 HOURS!

We decided to take a last-minute family (overnight) trip.
Our destination: Misquamicut Beach in Rhode Island.

I admit.. this was our very first family overnight trip with the boys-- being at such a young age and traveling... well, if it takes me 1.5 hours to do grocery shopping with the boys, imagine what it was going to be like taking them to the beach, the amusement park, the museums..never mind trying to get them to go to sleep in a strange place at night....

I knew we could do it, but I wasn't sure how the boys would react to the hotel, the change of scenery.. and well, the beach! (As you can tell from the pics below... we were a little hesitant at first and we (sorta) got used to it.)

The reason for the title of my post is because technically our trip was suppose to take 1 hour and 15 minutes without traffic. Yes, we did bump into a little traffic.. but for some reason my husband decided to take his own route.. and changed his course a few times. At the end I realized it took us 2 hours to get there.. and well, my son reminded my husband! ;-)


2 hours daddy!!



I used my macro the whole trip- yeah!
Our view from the room- it really was blue!
Our next door neighbor ;-)


Hmm.. Alex didn't take to the sand very well at first. OUCH! Mommy's feet...
But he eventually got used to it (notice he's still on the towel though!)
Aiden had no trouble exploring in the sand.Alex loved watching the waves crashing.

If you know me, I am all about the silhouettes!

A couple of friendly teenagers gave us a sparkler.. the boys were all over it!
On our way home...

2 comments:

Travis Flynn said...

The next door neighbor shot-- great find! But I think my favorite is Alex watching the waves. Very nice portrait! Yeah, 2 hours is a LOT longer when you're a kid.

Anonymous said...

Too cute!!! I love misquamicut!