Monday, August 11, 2008

Jamie and Jose

OK. I admit. I love blogging. But there's a problem when I do blog.
I find myself reviewing a wedding to put up just a few photos on the blog.
But when I do, I find myself starting to edit photos.. one after another.
I find myself saying- just 5 more... just 3 more to put on the blog...

(And my husband asks why I stay up so late every night :-)

It's very addicting- especially when you have such a great couple like Jamie and Jose.

I remember very distinctly Jamie, Jose, and Kara (Jamie's twin sister), meeting with me in my office. I remember having another inquiry for this exact day in August who was suppose to meet with me as well (before they were!) My policy is that I'm not able to reserve a date without a contract and deposit (sorry!), and they wanted to meet with me. It happened that they literally met with me the day before this other couple (sorry about that!)-- but I have to say, I truly just clicked with all of them. Both Jamie and her sister were getting married in the same year (lots of planning in that household! :)

I was truly honored when both of them selected me as their photographer (thank you!)

I was very inspired at this wedding - there were so many beautiful opportunities to capture delicate moments. (And I don't think I told Jamie this, but the bridal suite she got ready at the Goodwin Hotel was the exact room I had gotten ready in before my wedding- except there was new wall color :-) It brought back some nice memories.

Thank you Jamie and Jose, for allowing Jake and I to capture your moments.

Here's a sneak preview:


I don't know why this photo just caught my eye. But when I turned it into Black and White- POW! I knew it had to be! I think it's the simplicity of the photo with a complicated dress process (all those buttons :-)
I wanted to have a little fun in this picture (thank you Kubota!)
I had to include the sister shot (thank goodness they were wearing different outfits and hair do's!)

I remember seeing some beautiful lighting coming through the windows (but there was a couch blocking it). Hopefully the Goodwin didn't mind too much ;-) (There weren't too many dust bunnies underneath!)
Again, love the lighting!Simple. Yet elegant.

Had to include the natural reaction Jamie had after Jose dipped her!

And their kiss after their very first dance as Mr. and Mrs. :-)

3 comments:

Travis Flynn said...

Great variety, Tania! Those mirror shots are difficult with flash-- good job of finding an interesting angle and capturing it nicely! Yes, I am a fan of the two silhouettes and a the emotional candids..... BTW, I find it easiest to fix up what I'm gonna use for the blog and then create a story around those images-- that way I'm not tempted to add more. Challenges my story-telling ability too! Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

I love all of them! Everytime I look at them (which is often) I change my mind as to which is my favorite. Tania, you didn't tell me about getting ready in the same room- no wonder we clicked so well.

Jake- your secret code isn't so secret...maybe you should leave Tania your spare. :o)

Anonymous said...

awesome work tania! beautifully done