Saturday, October 18, 2008

All for a good cause



My clients simply rock.
Really, you do.

When I sent out an email stating I was photographing a limited amount of sessions for charity, they all stepped up to the plate. By the next day, I had 99% of my slots filled :-) It took just a few days later to fill 100% of the spots.

You really do rock.
Thank you.

We spent a course of 2-days, photographing sessions with 100% of the proceeds going to ASCONN, a Connecticut-based charity who provides resources and support to those on the Autism spectrum.

Today, 1 in 150 individuals is diagnosed with autism, making it more common than pediatric cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined. (Source: www.autismspeaks.org)

It's one of the fastest growing diagnoses, and yet many insurance companies limit or provide no coverage to families for treatment. Until now. Beginning in January, 2009, insurance companies are mandated to provide occupational therapy, speech therapy and physical therapy to those who are diagnosed on the spectrum.

Thank god.

My clients rock because they are giving back to the community, and helping families in need.
I've had clients donate even though they weren't going to have a photo session. They simply wanted to give. (Did I mention my clients rock?)

If you are looking to donate to a worthy cause, please check out: ASCONN
Every little bit helps.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos! I wish I had known you were doing that. I work with Autistic children and totally support ASCONN. I'ld love to join in the next time!

Tania Sones Photography said...

Awww!! Rachel!! The beauty of becoming a client.. you are first on the list to join in on this stuff - I booked the spots within days!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Woof!

Anonymous said...

I love that you did this Tania! Great photos for a GREAT cause!
;-)